Saturday, November 19, 2011

Balance

This past Tuesday, I turned in my letter of resignation to the credit union.  On Wednesday, I officially became a freelance writer, with my first client being the credit union.

Let me back up a bit.

Vivian's health situation has undoubtedly caused a great upheaval in our lives.  However, thanks to the amazing support we receive from family, friends, school and work, we've been able to balance things pretty well.  Up until recently anyway.

While there are many things we "can" do (as indicated in my previous post) most of us will hit a time in our lives when we feel push has come to shove and we realize we need to make a change in order to make things better.

This is one of those times for me.

My new status as freelancer will enable to me to continue to write for the credit union but do so with an incredible amount of flexibility.  Plus, the reduced hours will be a blessing and will also, hopefully, give me a chance to explore other writing opportunities.  Something I definitely look forward to.

I know that I am incredibly fortunate to be able to do this.  God has not only given me the talents I possess, but he's also surrounded me with people to help me realize them.

Right away on Wednesday, Vivi had a tough morning which forced me to have to re-balance our morning schedule.  It was wonderful to be able to focus solely on her.  I am so grateful to the wonderful people at the credit union for making it possible for me to do this.

In life, we have to balance many things.  The key is knowing when to throw out our hands or lean one way or another in order to stay upright. 

So I guess I just metaphorically threw out my hands.  And it's really exciting to be able to move forward with better balance...until I need to adjust again.

No comments:

Post a Comment